One of my most frequent statuses on Facebook is that there really is not enough time in the day. With all of the schoolwork and house chores I have to get done on a regular basis, I am most often then not, left with no me time. If they could add just one hour extra to each day, there are so many possibilities for my day.
Here are the top ten things I would do if I had just one hour extra a day (not in any specific order):
- For one thing, I would have more time to blog and maybe I wouldn’t have had such a hiatus. I love to write, whether it is in my blog or in my own private journal, but I usually don’t have the time, which really sucks because I think that self reflection is extremely important psychologically.
- Another thing I could do with my extra hour is yoga. I actually need to do yoga per doctor’s orders, but with all the schoolwork that needs to get done, my physical fitness and health usually has to take the back burner.
- If there was an extra hour in each day, I could read more books for fun. It sucks having to read textbooks all the time. They are boring and make you think you hate reading, but that’s not true. I just hate reading textbooks. With an extra hour a day I could read fun books to get me out of my head (and that would probably keep my stress levels lower too).
- I could play with my cat, Athena, and make some pretty great cat videos that would eventually be posted to this blog. She is just a kitten and I feel like she doesn’t get all the attention she deserves since I am so busy with school all the time.
- I could start taking pictures again. I would actually have a little extra time for photography. I’m not talking about long photo walks or anything like that, but I’m talking about a nice 15 to 30 minute walk after dinner with just my camera. It’s got a layer of dust about an inch thick, I swear.
- I could bake yummy goodies for the house. My boyfriend is always saying he wishes we could have fresh baked brownies and cookies every once in a while and I love to bad, but it really is very time consuming. However, with an extra hour a day, I could actually bake something at least once a week to have some yummy sweet treats in the house for my hubby and me.
- I could spend some more time with my family if I had an extra hour a day. I could actually visit my grandmother or mother. My grandmother says she hasn’t seen me since early September. That’s really unforgivable, but with all the homework and chores I have to do on a daily basis, I can’t afford to visit with Grammies even just for an hour.
- I could start crafting. I love doing crafts and DIY projects, but I just don’t have the time for stuff like that. I started learning how to crochet and want to crochet an Afghan for our couch, but don’t have the time available to put into it, but I bet if I were to crochet just for an hour each day, I could have that Afghan ready by the time the cold weaner comes (it comes late here in Miami).
- I could spend time on my hygiene and appearance. I’m not saying I don’t shower every day (I do), but an extra hour would give me the time to straighten my hair or actually do something with it. Maybe I could start putting on makeup and making myself look pretty. I would have the time to actually take care of my face the way I’m supposed to, not just the quick wash I do in the morning and at night before jumping in bed. I could use exfoliators and moisturizers and astringents, and all that crap they tell me is good for my skin. It would be nice to be pretty every once in a while instead of looking like the crazy, burned out I feel.
- Finally, with an extra hour a day, I could actually get a full nights sleep without worrying that I won’t have enough time to get things done. I could actually use the snooze button on my alarm that I only dare to use sometimes and then regret it later.